While I was working on this series, I performed a substantial amount of research. In fact, the research probably achieved unhealthy levels as I tried to seek some form of affirmation in quitting my job. Instead of letting all that research go to waste, I felt the need to share it all. In fact, I created this entire addendum for all of my sources throughout this series.
To make this article easier to digest, I’ve decided to segment the links by topic. That way, the links are at least grouped somewhat logically. In addition, I’ve put a bit of a table of contents below for a quick overview.
As a bit of a disclaimer, I can’t promise that these links are valid. Feel free to let me know at any time in the comments if some of the links are dead. I’ll try to support this list the best I can. Also, be aware that I don’t necessarily agree with everything I’ve linked. In most cases, I’ve simply included them because at some point they helped me get through a tough time.
Table of Contents
- What are some reasons programmers quit their high paying jobs?
- How One Hacker Quit the Programming Life for Bluer Skies
- Why I Quit My Job
- I quit the tech industry
- Why I Left My Programming Career And Haven’t Looked Back
- Top 10 Reasons Talented Programmers Quit
- How to Quit Your Job and Teach Abroad…Without Regrets
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- 6 Reasons Why I Quit My 9-5 Job & Never Looked Back
- Quit That Engineering Job You Hate – Here’s Why
- I’m 28, I just quit my tech job, and I never want another job again
- Why Engineers are Unhappy at Work
- 10 Things I hate About Software Development
- So You Don’t Want to Become a Programmer After All
- Day in the Life of an Engineer: I’m Trying to Stay Positive but I Hate my Workplace
- Why Do Most Software Engineers Hate Their Jobs
- Don’t Major in Engineering!!
- Software Developers’ Growing Elitism Problem
- Tech has a Toxic Tone Problem — Let’s Fix It!
- Why StackOverflow sucks
- The decline of Stack Overflow
- Work Is Bullshit: The Argument for Anti-Work
- Living in Switzerland ruined me for America and its lousy work culture
- The 10 Reasons Why Your Corporate Job Is Going To Suck
- How to Destroy Your 9-5 Job and Become Your Best Self
- Graduates: Don’t Get a 9-5, Do Something Creative
- Five Reasons why HR should be considered a Bullshit Job
- Whatever happened to the 15-hour workweek?
- Why LinkedIn Is Literally The Worst
- Why I Hate LinkedIn
- Millennials are telling corporate America to go fuck itself, and why that’s a good thing
- People Who Run Corporations Don’t Care About You or Your Environment
- Delivering on Something That Doesn’t Exist
- Ten Ways Very Productive Employees Get Punished
- Are You a Victim of Performance Punishment?
- The Problem with Being a Top Performer
- Over half of American millennials say they’d consider leaving the US. Here’s why I’ve already left.
- Tempted To Move Out Of The U.S.? New Zealand Wants To Help You Escape
- The People Leaving America in Fear of Trumpcare
- I’m a Software Dev interested in teaching English in another country…
- How You Can Make ESL a Long-Term Career
- Standard of Living for English Teachers Abroad
- English Teachers in Japan: How Is Your Quality of Life?
- The Quality of Life in China: How it is for Foreigners anyway . . .
- Are you embarrassed or ashamed of being an English teacher overseas?
- 24 ways your office job is destroying your health
- 6 Serious Office Health Risks
- 12 Ways to Make Your Office Better for Your Health
- How Death by Cubicle Works
- How Your Office Is Harming Your Health
- Don’t Just Sit There — How to Stay Healthy at Your Desk Job
- GE: Its Corporate Culture Is A Stumbling Block To A Sustained Recovery
- GE’s stocks could split again, but it won’t be anytime soon
- Why General Electric is struggling
- Lawsuit from Cleveland investor adds to General Electric’s woes
- 5 Red Flags From This GE Warning That Sent The Stock To 15-Month Lows
- The real challenge for GE as it becomes a software company is changing the culture
- General Electric Kicked Off The Dow – The Worst Board Of Directors In America
- Meet the new GE: It’s a shell of its former self
- Slowdown prompts GE Transportation layoffs in Erie
- Slow times continue at GE Transportation
- Layoffs hit GE Texas plant
- GE doubles down on cost-cutting moves
- A year of challenges for Erie’s GE plant
The End to an Era
Once again, thanks for staying along for the ride. I appreciate everyone who has read through this series as well as shared their experiences and kind words throughout. If anything, I hope this series builds up a great community of people who want to improve their lives.
If you’re struggling in you career, please reach out. The articles are nice for moral support, but they’ll never help you got out of your current situation. I’m happy to give the support you need. 🙂